Advanced Education

Advanced Education
Advanced education is a program for current high school students who are concurrently enrolled at Community College. Advanced education students may enroll in two college courses each semester.



  • You have completed the 10th grade or will be at least 16 years old by the first day of instruction.
  • You demonstrate exemplary academic achievement as evidenced by a GPA of 2.7 or above, an analysis of transcripts, letters of support from high school counselors and teachers, and/or other academic success indicators.
  • The course you want to take is not available to you at your school.
  • The course is not remedial (1-99 classes).
  • The course is not being repeated due to an unsatisfactory grade.
  • The course is for advanced study and you are able to demonstrate adequate preparation and completed prerequisites for the course.

Enrollment Process

You must follow these steps every semester that you wish to register in classes while concurrently enrolled in high school:

Apply to Sacramento City College:

All first- time advanced education students must complete the  Sacramento City College application. Note: If you are a continuing advanced education student, you do not need to complete the full application again. Instead, log in to  eServices and complete the Supplemental Enrollment Information form.

Complete and Submit the Advanced Education Packet

  1. Download and fill out the Advanced Education Application (PDF).
  2. Work with your high school Counselor to determine which class you should take. Advanced Education students can enroll in one or two courses, but you can choose additional courses in case your initial choice is full.
  3. Digitally sign the Advanced Education Application.
  4. Have your parent or guardian digitally sign the Advanced Education Application.
  5. Forward the following to your high school counselor:
  • Advanced Education Application
  • a copy of your unofficial high school transcript
  • your AP test scores (if applicable)

Your high school counselor must submit the Advanced Education Application to Admissions and Records at


As advanced education students have their tuition/enrollment fees waived, students are only responsible for the payment of the additional fees, including the universal transit pass (UTP) and student representation fee.