Humanities Teacher/ ASB Advisor
About Me: This is my seventh year teaching at New Tech and I love it! It is a thrill to work with such hard-working students, an awesome co-teacher, a dedicated team of educators, and a supportive staff. New Tech is a great place to call my second home. When I’m not working, you can find me on a paddleboard at the lake, swimming in a pool, walking the trails, or sitting in the sun reading a book. I am grateful for a loving husband (Roberto) and two wonderful adult children (Summer & Ben).
- Political Studies – Grade 12
- Foundations for Success – Grade 9
- iWorld – Grade 9
- Advisory – Grade 11
- Associated Student Body (ASB) – Student Leadership
Advisor: Class of 2023
- What was your dream job as a child?
- For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to be a Marine Biologist. In fact, it is still my dream job. Do you think New Tech would let me teach a Marine Biology class? That would be so cool!
- What was your favorite memory of high school?
- I was an exchange student in Argentina during high school. It was a life-altering experience that helped shape who I am today.
- What was the number one thing you learned in high school?
- This is a great question. Hmmmm….I learned that I have the courage to try new things and the ability to survive my failures (Yes, I’ve experienced a few FLOPS along the way).
- What college did you go to?
- Let’s see if I can list them in order… I attended American River College, BYU-Hawaii, Cosumnes River College, American River College (again), and Sac State.
- What do you love most about New Tech?
- This is an easy question; I love my students!
- What advice would you like to give New Tech students?
- I would give them the same advice I give my own children…Work hard! Don’t embarrass the family! And have fun!
- If you could have an exotic pet what would it be?
- I would be a river otter because I love playing in the water and because I could swim away from any bigger critter trying to eat me :)